Simply Good Food, well you may have realised that along with my love for fashion, I have an appetite for varieties of food. As one of my many loves I enjoy the satisfaction that I get from creating something delicious and being able to eat it too.
Recently my mum had purchased this yummy yummy Tesco Granola ~with succulent sultanas, raisins and crunchy seeds~. I had enjoyed the taste of it, definitely getting value for my money and from that I felt impelled to make my own.
- 1 1/3 cups quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats, divided
- a pinch each fine salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger
- 1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped (or any combination of roughly chopped dried fruit and/or nuts)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup high quality maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 8” square baking pan with parchment paper, letting a bit of excess paper hang over the sides.
2. Grind 1/3 cup of the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add them to a large mixing bowl with the remaining oats, the salt and spices, flax seeds, and apricots.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and then stir them into the dry ingredients.
4. Put the mixture in the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1/2 hour, or until evenly browned.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove to a cutting board (the parchment paper will act as a sort-of sling, making this very easy). Cut into individual granola bars