Photo: Courtesy of Chef Josh Marks/Facebook
I love Josh; just extreme expression of emotion requires adequate explanation. This can all be explained, when you see the amazing food that he creates. The splendid gourmet cooks developing his knowledge of southern and Panamanian cuisine. As the Master Chef Competition unravelled the journey that brought Josh Marks to a career as a fine dining chef. Following the show we found out about Marks playing for collegiate basketball in college (Tugaloo, Miss. College) while studying economics and business administration. Now, what’s not to love about this incredible chef? The finalist of the Fox Broadcasting’s “Master Chef,” received international acclaim for his use of explosive flavours and unique dishes.
Now just take a look at his take on the Hubble apple pie:
Rolled Pie Dough
2 HoneyCrisp Apples
2 Granny Smith
1/2 stick butter
Brown sugar about 1/2c
Granulated sugar about 1/4c
Cinnamon to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tb water
Pre-heat you oven to 365F. Bake Time 365
1. Peel and core your apples.
- Slice your apples to 1/4 inch slices
- Toss apples in lemon juice and sugar. This prevents them from turning brown
- Melt butter
- Stir in 1/4c brown sugar. Cook for about 5 minutes
- Once caramelized add apples and stir
- Add the rest of brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and pinch salt
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Let apple pie filling cool
- Dock your pie crust with a fork
- Add cooled filling
- Top with Rolled pie crust and pinch together to crimp the edges. Trim off all excess dough
- Poke a small hole in the center and slice a few vents on the top of the pie
- Whisk egg with water
- Brush egg wash on top crust and edges
- Bake on the center rack for 35 minutes
- Once done let cool and brush on melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve with Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
Bellow is a link of Josh Marks to help you through cooking this delight: